Are you are a fantastically talented, self-managed, experienced web designer who can create eye-catching, brand oriented, professional consumer websites and logos that incorporate web 2.0 elements, quickly, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a brilliant web designer to join our team. We envision growing the team to 10-20 team members in the next 3-5 years.
The way we work is different from most companies. We don't have managers with fancy titles that dictate to you what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. We work on the principle that we are all part of a team working for the common good of the company. We help each other where possible, whether or not the task is within our skill set. We are all self-managed, which means we are all empowered to assign ourselves tasks and set deadlines, to do the best work and complete a project as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Assuming we love your work and love working with you (and vice versa), you will be invited to be our main web designer for future projects. We have 3 additional projects lined up in 2010, with more in 2011 and beyond. Ultimately, as a member of the team you will have opportunities to suggest project ideas, a say in the important decisions of the company, profit share and stock options.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented web designer to work with a forward thinking company, learn new skills (beyond web design) and grow with us. If you are tired of working for just a fee, and would like to be part of a company that rewards you for what you're worth, we would love to hear from you.
The person we are looking for will have the **'ESSENTIAL'** following skills and talents:
- You have extensive web design experience and can quickly create eye-catching, brand oriented, professional consumer websites and logos that incorporate web 2.0 elements.
- You can present 3-5 recent samples (the more the better) of top quality websites you personally had a major part in creating. We may contact the site owner for confirmation.
- You have excellent feedback scores and comments from clients. We are open to new designers who do not have feedback scores or client comments, but you must be able to convince us that you are so incredibly talented that we should take a risk on you.
- You have very good spoken, listening & written communication skills in English and can communicate without misunderstandings. Ideally, English is your first language.?
- You are self-managed - i.e., you do not require micro-managing or managing every detail of your work by us. You are able to take website wireframes, along with the brand message we are looking for, and with minimal instructions, create eye-catching design concepts.
- You have an eye for detail and are not fazed by unlimited revisions over every detail until you perfect a design.
- You are experienced in converting your designs into CSS and HTML/XHMTL which is fast-loading and compatible on all popular web browsers and platforms (IE6+, Firefox 2+, Safari 2+, Chrome, Opera, Windows, Mac, etc.)
- You are available for meetings during our office hours (9 am to 5 pm AEST - Sydney, Australia), which means you would probably live within 3-4 hours of our time zone. The standard time zone in Sydney is UTC/GMT +10 hours, Sydney has a daylight savings of +1 hour, so the current time zone offset is UTC/GMT +11 hours.
- You are happy to communicate on the progress of the project on a daily basis, and provide regular updates on the ongoing status of the project, irrespective of how many computers you use.?
- You have Skype and a fast broadband connection and are happy to chat (spoken) via Skype with the rest of the team. You understand that this helps to build a long term relationship, clear up possible misunderstandings, and optimise the development time.
- You have a history of meeting deadlines without problems. Being self-managed, you are empowered to set your own deadlines and have the responsibility to meet them.?
- You do more than just do the work assigned because you take pride in your work and often take the initiative to make improvement suggestions without being asked.
- You are available to start right away and are happy to take on additional work and major projects as and when you're needed.
HOW TO RESPOND:
For our first project, a price comparison website of 15-20 pages, we envision a budget of US$1,000. We will pay you on an hourly rate for any additional work once a project is complete. Full details about the project will be provided to the successful applicant.
?Please tell us in a sentence or two why you feel you are the best candidate for the position and why you want to work with us.
Please include 3-5 links to recent samples (the more the better) of top quality websites you personally had a major part in creating and the fee charged for the project. Don't forget that we may contact the site owner for confirmation.
We will respond to all applications that submit the requested information. We do not respond to automated or cookie-cutter (generic) applications.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.?
Cohesive Minds Team
Cohesive Minds Pty Ltd