I need someone to assist me with attached Excel Spreadsheet;
As you can see, it is KPI (Key Performance Indicator) spreadsheet that is no longer serving our needs. We would like to have Access database so it can be installed on our computers and everyone can acess it from different location and fill in the fields.
I am more than open to all the suggestions as I am not at home with databases.
Around 30 people uses this to fill in their performance vs targets so senior management can review monthly performance.
Two main problems we are seeing with Excel spreadsheet is;
1) One person can work on spreadsheet at the time and that is not sufficient
2) Spreadsheet frequently freezes and crashes
We would like to have following implemented;
- KISS approach (Keep It Simple Stupid) as lots of middle management is not very computer savy
- Database needs to have all the details from spreadsheet, preferably in more user friendly environment
- We need to generate reports from it, same as we would from this spreadsheet
I am more than happy to try and answer all of your questions and hopefully assist with more details.
Oh, and being from marketing background and closely working with lots of graphic designers I would like it to be eye candy : ) - looks good on computer screen rather than being crude; there is a reason behind that as well. This solution will be presented to our senior management so choosen provider might receive more regular work from us if this one gets approved. That is why I would like it to look good as well as functions.
We dont have a huge budget for this one (actually we don't have no budget at all) as our senior management is trying to push our IT department to do it and the best they come up with so far is this Excel spreadsheet, and few of us are trying to get some work outsourced and get better results.
Looking forward hearing back from you, and more than happy to hear your suggestions and proposals!