This has to be basically a billing software plus analysis software. We have various products which are sold at different prices to around 400 customers. Taxes are levied as per rules. Bills once generated are to be stored for record and analysis. Database of Customers is also required to be stored.
Anlysis like how much material was sold at various places, how much was sold by each salesman, how much of each product was sold, how much did a particular customer purchased.
**Billing and Analysis Software**
This has to be basically a billing software plus analysis software. We have various products which are sold at different prices to around 400 customers. Taxes are levied as per rules. Bills once generated are to be stored for record and analysis. Database of Customers is also required to be stored. (SEE SAMPLE BILLS)
There are around 15 products. Price values are to be associated with them but they should remain editable in the **Rate** field while generating the invoice. VAT values are also to be associated with them.
Products are of two types. First is termed as **PVC products** and second in termed as **Sanitary ware products.** While PVC products are measured per kg, sanitary ware products are counted per piece.
Entering a customer's name and address from a list of 400 should be easy and simple. Instead of searching the selecting address, we should just start typing the name of the company and auto complete should display a dropdown list of names, as it happens in google search.
The complete name of products as needed to be displayed is long. Short names or alias should be associated and the name should be searchable by that. Once we have selected the product and hit enter focus should shift to the next logical field i.e. quantity. Use of tab should also be minimal. Hitting Enter key should take us to next field.
Quantity for some products is on Kilograms while for others it is in no. of pieces. For kilograms it should display number upto 3 decimal places and for pieces, no decimal places. In addition to this kgs and pcs suffixes must also get printed.
Round off the calculated figures. 1.56 = 2.00, 1.45 = 1.00, 1.5 = 2.00
** ** Every bill must be associated with some salesman. This is compulsory. While generating a bill it should first ask for the salesman's name. This is not to be displayed on the bill and is meant only for analysis.
The date format has to be DD-MM-YYYY. Other formats may be made available. While generating bill the date field should have current date by default. It should be editable and should allow entering of date other than today. The rule that must be followed is that date entered manually should be ahead or same as that of last bill generated (or even cancelled) and future date should not be more than next day's date.
Suppose a bill was generated on 4th of this month and today is 7th. So the manually enterable date should be 4th to 8th only of this month only.
There are four types of taxes. VAT @ 5%, VAT 13.75%, CST @ 2%, CST @ 5.5%. In case the billing is within state all the items either attract 5% VAT or 13.75%.
In case the sale is interstate then all the items will be charged either 2% CST or 5.5% CST. This because if a "C Form" is given by the customer or shall be given then CST is 2% and in no "C Form" is given the CST is 5.5%.
As shown in the demo bill the taxes charged are displayed on the bill.
While calculating the tax, in case a 13.75% tax product is placed in 5% tax product group then the software should return an error message.
As stated the sanitary ware products are counted per piece. A simple stock register may be built to keep track of the products. Like how many were added on which date, how many got deducted on which date. What is the current status? Stock register should generate some message or signal if the number of pieces of certain product falls below the identified mark. It should also generate a report likewise.
Various types of reports are :
1. Report of the sales done by salesman product-wise. Like a particular salesman sold how many kilograms of Product-A, Product-B, Product-C etc and how many pcs of Product-D, Product-E etc etc. Also another column should show the billed value and in the end the total billed amount of the salesman. Sample Salesman Report is attached. Report should be in MS Excel format for a particular date or a range of dates. (SEE SALESMAN REPORT)
2. Second report is regarding the quantity of each product sold and its billed value. Sample report is attached. For a particular date or a range of dates the report would be preferred in MS Excel format but may also be in rich text format. (SEE QUANTITY SALES REPORT)
3. Third report has to be a list of the bill nos., Party name, Tin No., amount, VAT/CST, Gross of bills generated in a given month or a date range. There should be an option to add or remove a column from the report e.g. we may not require TIN no. At all times or we may not require Party's name. Sample report is attached. It has to be in **MS Excel format only.** This is known by the name of Sales Statement. Since VAT (of both types combined) and CST (of both types combined) are deposited with excise department separately hence this report. (SEE SALES STATEMENT SAMPLE)
4. Fourth report is Stock report of sanitary ware products. It shall display the current status of the various items remaining in the stock.
5. Details & display of the bills issued to a particular client on a particular day or for a given date range. The total amount of those bills.
6. State wise, District wise reports for various products for a given date range for all the Salesmen. This is to know how many kilos of Product-A, Product-B etc in total were sold in district-D, District-F etc. (SEE SALES DISTRIBUTION PER [url removed, login to view], SALES DISTRIBUTION PER [url removed, login to view])
7. Report of sales by Salesmen district wise & state wise for a given date range. Like how many kilos of Product-A, Product-B etc was sold by Salesman-Q in District-D, District-E etc. (SEE SALES PER DISTRICT BY [url removed, login to view], SALES PER STATE BY [url removed, login to view])
In case some bill is required to be cancelled at some later date, there should be an option to watermark or overwrite the bill with CANCELLED text. The figures of such bill should not be counted in report generation. (SEE CANCELLED BILL). While a bill can be cancelled keep an option to un-cancel it again and count the figures in reports. Timestamps have to be maintained as to when was bill generated and when it was edited or cancelled.
Sales Statement report should show the bill no. date and "cancelled" text in the report. (SEE SALES STATEMENT SAMPLE)
Three printed copies are required. Each has different title and notes below. Rest everything is same. Different titles are to be published via the software on the same type of paper. Difference in the three copies is highlighted in the attached PDF file. (SEE PRINTED COPIES PDF)
We have a letter size paper for printing the bills with company address and logo pre-printed on them. This makes the paper useful for all the three types of copies'. Software should have the option to print either all or just any of the selected copy of the bill. **Also software should be able to print bills for a given date or bill no. range.**
Software may have the option to attach an image in header area so that the bill can also be printed on plain paper.
The bill must be coloured as sample attached. But it should also have the option of printing black & white prints. (SEE SAMPLE BILLS).
Windows based GUI is desired with ability to run on Windows XP, Vista, 7. The software should be **keyboard controlled with least mouse requirements**.
The dimensions of the bill have to similar to sample given. The paper size is 21.6 cms x 26.4 cms. The header is printed on the top of the page consuming 5.2 cms from the top.
Bill Numbering should start from any given number in XXXXX (00457) format. Once initialised it should continue automatically. There should be option to add a prefix or suffix to bill numbers. It should have an option whereby it automatically resets the numbering to 1 at the start of every financial year. In case that is not required, an option to continue with previous numbering.
We currently have around 400 customers and more are being added. Information that has to be stored for every customer should have following fields.
1. Name of Company
3. Distt. (District)
5. TIN No. (Alpha Numeric)
All the above except the last one should be necessary.
Certain companies have exactly same name but different stations. In this case alias may be different but name should be same on the Bill. A separate window for checking, editing, adding a new contact.
The Software has to be Unicode compliant. It should be able to accept and print Unicode Devnaagari Text in font of our choice - CDAC GIST Surekh etc. English text has to be in Calibri font.
Some fields should remember the last entered value in them for fast data entry. Entries like Mode of Transport, Vehicle No., GR No., Transport name etc. Price of products, as stated earlier, shall be associated with each product but shall still be editable in the Rate field of invoice. Order No. Field shall have default value "Verbal" in it. It shall be an alphanumeric field.
Figures should have grouping in Indian style 1,45,23,890.00. Win 7 has support for such grouping. Rupee symbol is to be used for denoting rupees in digits.
A central control panel to manage all the options and adjustments. Important ones should be available via the Function Keys.
An option to backup the files must be in place.
An online billing solution is available at [[url removed, login to view]]. This is a good piece of software. This is available online only. Also it has too many options and we need a few of them only.
Login system for Salesmen. Salesmen shall have authority range set by the administrator, like they shall not be allowed to enter or edit any product, amend any tax. Plus administrator shall be able to see who generated the bill at what time and date.
Software may be designed to handle more than one company and have separate management for all of them.
3. Last Bill
4. Edit (with cancel)
5. Search Invoice
6. Cancelled Invoices
1. Sales Report
2. Salesman Report
3. Quantity Sales Report
4. Customer Report
1. New Tax rate
2. Edit (with delete inside)
1. Add item
2. Edit (with delete inside)
3. Display all Items
1. Add-Subtract Stock
2. Current Position
2. Edit (with delete)
1. Option 1
2. Option 2
3. Option 3
4. Option 4
1. Sample Bills
2. Salesman Report
3. Quantity Sales Report
4. Sales distribution per District
5. Sales distribution per State
6. Sales per District by Salesman
7. Sales per State by Salesman
8. Printed copies PDF
9. Sample Bills
10. Cancelled Bill