Specification for a small program to retrieve information from remote MSSQL DB to a PDA (Window CE)
[url removed, login to view] to be used on Visual Studio 2005 and 2003
Online MS SQL dB installed on a ISP controlled server. Therefore I do have a limited access and cannot do any replication.
I have access using IP Address/Login/Password.
Windows CE with possibility to access internet using internal wireless WIFI/802xxx. Connection can be done using any available HotSpot.
Program and process:
- Create one form with 3 textboxes (Product ID/Description/price) and one button
- User enter a product ID in one text box.
- User click on button
- Program check that there is an existing connection to the internet , if not program will connect using available ‘hotspot’ or if not possible ask user to establish a connection.
- The program will then run a query to retrieve from the db the description and price for the product ID entered.
- Program will fill text boxes ‘description’ and ‘price’
- Program will close connection to db