Currently my sales reps get requests from customers to make a custom product for their business. The quotes consist of two critical components price and lead-time. For the lead-time portion of the quote the sales reps works with a liason in production to develop a forecast. Once the quote is given to the customer it is good for a specified number of weeks until hopefully the customer calls back and places and order. Unfortunately there is not a systematic way calculate, track, edit and change the quote, order, or forecast. The objective of this project is to modify an existing access database to do all these functions. The database should have the following functions:
1. Entry Page Form – see prototype in excel.
2. The necessary tables to run the drop down boxes and store the order data. The tables should allow the user to query the necessary raw data.
3. A form, which will pull up a previous quote based on some combination the header detail in order to enter order detail data and actual forecast results. Generally make changes and edits.
1. Attached is a rough prototype of how the entry page should look. SAFC Order and Forecast prototype [url removed, login to view] tab = Prototype. Please use artistic license in designing the form. I would like it to be as compact as possible so the user does not have to scroll through a lot of pages to fill it out.
2. Attached is a list of operational definition to drive the entry page form. SAFC Order and Forecast prototype [url removed, login to view] tab = Operational Definitions