1. General description - Small MS Excel spreadsheet that will enable to soft imported data and generate simple reports.
2. Environment - MS Excel 2003 and higher
3. Task description - We need VBA Macro Script written in MS Excel to generate reports in one sheet with data taken from another sheet. We have MS Excel spreadsheet with 2 sheets: Source and Report. Source has every time 2 columns: Typed Keywords and Clicks. We paste there data from clipboard. Example is shown below:
Typed Keyword Clicks
dogs for sale 10
parrots for sale 20
birds for sale 30
pets for sale 40
Report sheet has many columns and we still add new columns there. It includes first 2 columns from Source sheet and another columns with names of brands like Dogs, Parrots, Birds, Pets where we type "x" if Typed Keyword corresponds with brand. Example is shown below:
Typed Keyword Clicks Dogs Parrots Birds Pets
dogs for sale 10 x x
parrots for sale 20 x x x
birds for sale 30 x x
pets for sale 40 x
We need VBA Macro Script written in MS Excel that will delete all Clicks column entries from Report sheet and insert new Clicks entries taken from Source sheet and written in Report sheet in rows where Typed Keywords from Report are the same as Typed Keywords from Source sheet. All Typed Keywords that are not included in Report sheet should be added with its entries and Clicks numbers in the end of Typed Keywords list in Report sheet. It is important to leave and NOT to delete Typed Keywords in Report sheet that are not included in Source sheet. Also all data in other columns (brand entries) shouldn't be touched and left as they are typed before.
I attach MS Excel spreadsheet with example data.
4. Delivery requirements:
- open source, non-coded script with code documented inside containing comments about functions and variables in English language.
- read-me file with short description on how to activate script
- copyrights messages which allow us to change the code in the future
5. Additional information.
If you have any questions or something is not clear enough then don't hesitate to contact us.