A programmer is required to solve a few separate problems of varying difficulty. The steps are complicated, hence the long explanation. Some experience with using Firebase and Heroku helpful.
- Migrate JSON data currently hosted on the legacy platform Firebase to the updated version of Firebase before the legacy platform is shut down on March 15.
- Make necessary adaptations to an app hosted on Heroku. The Heroku app currently crawls the Firebase legacy platform for data updates and converts the data from JSON format into RSS format. Ensure the RSS data can be picked up by an RSS reader, such as Feedly.
- Work out if the JSON data hosted on the legacy platform will STILL be hosted on the legacy platform AND under the existing URL. If the answer is no, find out whether the data on the new Firebase platform will be hosted under the same URL.
- If the answer is again no - so the JSON data is both wiped from the legacy platform AND the data is hosted on the new platform under a different URL - then work out how to solve the problem outlined below.
- Data currently hosted on the legacy Firebase platform is updated every day or so with data from Kimonolabs. Kimonolabs is ABANDONWARE. This means it is not updated and it might not be possible to re-direct the data to the new Firebase platform and URL. Thus, the programmer will need to work out a solution to this problem. Essentially, how can data from Kimono Labs in JSON format be uploaded to the cloud so that it can be crawled and converted into RSS format.
Firebase is being discontinued on March 15. Therefore, data hosted on Firebase needs to be migrated to the updated version of Firebase. The data -- which is in JSON format -- is currently crawled using an app hosted on Heroku and converted into RSS format. This is picked up by an RSS reader.
KimonoLabs is web scraping software. It used to be hosted in the cloud. Since the company was acquired in February, 2016, KimonoLabs has been available as desktop software. I, Son of Tzeentch, use KimonoLabs to scrape webpages for data.
[url removed, login to view]
When you message me please first answer the question: Who is my father?
Clue: the answer is in the brief, so if you've read it you will know ;)