The aim of this task is not to cause any damage, rather demonstrate that 51% technique can be carried out on low hashing coins.
The project involves carrying out a 51% technique on PoW. The URL below is exactly what to be done for this task and instructs how to carry out a 51% technique successfully.
[login to view URL]
Your job will be;
1. Go through the URL and understand what is expected. (all details are in the link)
2. Choose a low hashing coin which is on PoW consensus and the mining cost is minimal.
3. Determine that an exchange has at least $1 of that coin so that the 51% technique could be implemented on the coin demonstrating double spending.
4. Guide us through the process of mining of the coin and help to build the longest chain. As we don't aim to buy mining machine for mining longest chain, so nicehash will be used for mining.
5. Determine that a successful double spend is possible.
Bottom Line: Step 1-3 should not take more than 1 hour. Your main job will be helping us with step 4 and 5 to mine that coin and build the longest chain to carryout double-spending.
Note: The experiment is for educational purposes and not to cause any damage.