Wanted: Internet-savvy research and data entry assistant to work part-time on an hourly basis as required on a variety of projects.
Three important things before you proceed:
1. Do not bid more than $2.50 per hour. I am not looking to pay more than that.
2. Please understand that work load will be variable. See details below.
3. Your total GAF bid amount should be for 40 total hours of work. I will take your bid amount and divide by 40 to get your hourly rate. This is just for bidding purposes since the actual hours you work per week/month will vary.
Minimum Skills Needed:
- Excellent internet surfing and research skills
- Very good Excel knowledge
- Very good written English with good skills in summarizing your research results or writing basic reports
- Must be online EVERY day with broadband internet access
- Great attention to detail (I really mean this!)
- Quick learner. You will learn how to use several new websites and software packages for your data entry tasks, but I will train you.
The above is the MINIMUM skill set I need. If you can do the additional tasks listed below, I will be able to give you many more hours of work. However, please do NOT apply if you are good in anything listed below but don't want to do the basic work listed above.
Additional Nice to Have Skills:
- Basic SEO/PPC knowledge
- Basic HTML knowledge to edit web pages (strong plus)
- Basic astronomy knowledge or willingness to learn basic astronomy (not astroLOGY)
- Basic graphics knowledge and ability to perform basic photo manipulations (resize, brighten, add captions, change file formats, etc.) (strong plus)
- Knowledge of auction management software (like Auctiva, AuctionHawk, etc. for eBay)
Bottom Line - The more you know and can do, the more work I can give you. If you just have the basic skills, expect monthly workload to average 15-20 hours. If you have many of the optional skills listed above, expect the monthly average to be 40-80 hours or more DOE.
You MUST be flexible. Weekly workload will vary significantly since this is only on an as-needed basis for my personal ideas/projects. Work effort required will be an hour or two for most projects, but might take as little as 15 mins or as long as a couple of days. I will usually be able to work around your schedule, as long as you can complete smaller projects in a day or so. Your time zone does not matter at all but you MUST check email everyday, and be in frequent touch via IM/email when working on projects.
In your response, state your skill set and experience, and your bid amount assuming 40 total hours of work. I will send an excel questionnaire to short-listed candidates seeking some additional info. I am looking to develop a long-term relationship with the right assistant. I had someone who worked for me for almost 2 years but recently stopped freelancing, so I need a replacement. I may initially give small projects to 2-3 people and then retain one person (I will pay for the work you do, of course). Please don't apply if you're looking for something just for a few weeks/months.
I may discontinue the project listing on GAF as soon as I have short-listed a few good candidates.
Note: I would prefer to work with individuals. Companies can bid only if they can assure me that my work will be done by just one or two people. There is a fair bit of custom work with my sites/software and we cannot change the service provider every day.
Please DO NOT place a new bid. I have a good number of qualified candidates to choose from and will make a decision very shortly. Thank you very much for your time and interest.