We have sharepoint server at work but don't use it to it's potential. I work in a service organisation
When we get clients requesting a proposal for work, there are multiple groups who assign individuals to work on the proposal. Currently each group maintain Excel trackers with duplicate information and also details of who they assign. The assignment process is manual, via email and then tracked in Excel.
We have a lot of proposals (thousand per year).
From what i can understand, this can best be achieved by using lists in Sharepoint, although I really have little knowledge of Sharepoint.
I think that I ultimately need a list in Sharepoint so users can see who is assigned to a given proposal from each department, should they need to. Since multiple groups will add data to the list, each group should have a User Interface relevant for their information.
The approximate workflow goes like this:
1. A triage officer will enter basic information about the opportunity (client name, opportunity number etc) via a developed User Interface (or form?). Once basic info has been entered, they will either enter a "no review" reason in a free text box or click a button "Request Proposal Lead / Internal Expert". This will have 2 actions; (a) send an email to a list of users (need to be able to customise the list). The list of users might change according to the client. Each user will review the request to be a proposal lead and one (the first one who accepts) will click "Accept". Once they click "Accept" no other users can "Accept" from within that group of users. The user that "Accepts" is now the named "Proposal Lead". (b) It will send details of the opportunity to a different "Internal Expert" department who will review the opportunity and, if they wish to assign an "internal expert" they will click "Assign IE" which will then in turn send an email to a list of predefined experts based upon either the client or type of proposal. The same will occur in that once one IE accepts the opportunity, no other IE can do the same. Perhaps it will disappear from their workflow.
2. Once the Proposal Lead and Internal Experts are assigned, their names will be visible in the list immediately so everyone who has access to the list can see that they have been assigned.
3. Sometimes, for some of the opportunities, we need to assign a Medical Doctor (MD) to the opportunity. The triage officer will be notified by email if we need to assign an MD. If that happens, a mechanism (?separate form) needs to be available so that the Triage officer can, for that particular opportunity in the list send an email request to the line managers of the MDs asking one of them
to assign an MD from within their team. As before, only one MD can be assigned. The form that goes to the MD line managers should have a drop down list from which shows the MD's in their team that have experience in that Therapeutic area. They should be able to select one of the MDs and then click "assign MD". Depending upon the MD assigned, the form should auto-upload their CV from a repository.
4. As in (3) above we sometimes also need to assign other groups (e.g. Operations Leads). There should be similar forms available to assign an Operational lead and for them to assign and have their CV uploaded automatically (with option to review/upload different version).
5. Again, once either MD or Operations Lead has been assigned, their name should be present in the list.
6. The list / system should be able to monitor the speed of assignment of each individual for that opportunity and also the average speed for each group across all opportunities.
7. The system should be able to generate some reports showing information about number of proposals per month, no. of assignments for each group etc.
8. Users should be able to go into an opportunity on the list and edit a status column to update the status so everyone can see at what stage the opportunity is at.
18 freelancers are bidding on average £332 for this job
Hi. I am eagerly waiting to work in your project. My typing speed is 50 words per minute. I will finish your job before your deadline Thanks and Regards, Parameshwaran Kanagaraj
MCP Certified with 10 years experience in Microsoft Technologies. Experience in both Server side and Client Side Object Models. Good Exposure to Responsive design.