TAF Social Media site
We would like to develop a social+professional website targeted towards Textiles, Apparel and Fashion (TAF) industry. In the beginning, it will be "User Generated" content, just the way facebook and Linkedin started. Allow people within the industry to post their profile details and upload their address book and invite their friends and business contacts. More details to follow once I hear back and I will share additional details directly with those who respond.
Please share any ideas, examples and/or similar projects that you may have done. Your "Creativity" and how you can help promote this website to existing users of facebook and Linkedin is important so please do share your thoughts and ideas.
TAF industry is a creative field and hence user friendly and creative website is essential (I will share more details directly with respondents as a follow-up). Few additional points/details;
1. Ability to upload 5 pics (1mb each= total 5mb per user max)
2. Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube connectivity logos/Links (so this site gets promoted on their Linkedin and Facebook profiles and vice versa)
3. Users should have the capability to pull content from their existing blogs
4. Ability to upload address book and invite friends/colleagues etc. (Ability to invite friends from Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Friendster and other sites/accounts. Fill-in your username and password, and it should automatically invite all of your contacts from those website accounts.)
5. Ability to message/communicate between users
6. Directory of Manufacturers of Apparel/Textile- create a directory section so Users can search and locate vendors/suppliers
7. What is the best way to promote to students of Fashion design such as FIT & Parsons in NYC or other institutes around the world such as (Milan) Italy, (Paris) France? Please share any/all ideas.
8. This is going to be a dynamic site so what is the minimum size/space should we plan for as a starting point?
9. What would the landing page look like?
10. Keep in mind that this website will be created from scratch/blank, so feel free to share any and all ideas if you can.
11. Users will login with their email as a User ID and choose their own password.
12. The Profile form would include questions similar to Linkedin and Facebook such as name, location, school, interests, hobbies, favorite designers etc... you get the point?
13. All rights to software belong exclusively to me. You should and must NOT be able to share any part of any of this project with anyone else. I want 100% source code. No encryption etc.
If this initial web development project turns out great and according to our expectations, I am happy to retain your services for all future major/minor work on regular basis for this particular site.
The domain is registered via godaddy and I will purchase the space via godaddy as well once we decide how much space should we need as a starting point.
Please make sure to include your contact info. - email, phone and especially SKYPE if you are outside of USA. It is important that you understand our vision and I understand your capabilities and we both should feel comfortable with working on this project.
SP LLC (A USA Limited Liability Co.)