I have to create a web-based document checkout system in VB or C# with .net. It needs to work like this:
* There are three classes of people - Uploaders, Processors and Clients
1. Uploader can upload a document that pertains to a client. At this time, they are charged by an online credit card processing company OR can be billed at the end of the week (their choice)
2. Processor can check out the document. Once processor checks out a document, no other processors can check out the document
3. Processor has 5 days to report the status of a document. After five days, they get a warning stating the document will be checked in automatically in two days. After the two days, the document goes back in the pool.
4. Processor will be able to make status changes to the documents. No changes will have to be made to the documents [url removed, login to view] instance, a processor may mark the document as read.
4. All uploaders will be able to see the status of their documents at all times.