This project has two goals; to provide students the ability to Register for Class via the Web, and provide students the ability to View their Academic Records via the web (Student Portal). This project is focused on creating a browser interface (for a student data management application that already exists) and thus will allow users to shop for classes, add them to their shopping cart, make payment, and view their academic records. All this will be done by communicating with our student management system via web services, allowing the programmer to retrieve and write data to the database.
The primary user of this interface will be a student who will browse classes offered by a school and thus have the opportunity to enroll themselves in the desired classes through a “checkout” process including payment processing, usually using a credit card, though other methods will be made available as well.
Using DotNetNuke (DNN) as the development platform, we will develop this interface using Bootstrap (with Metronic UI) controls that allow users to:
• Browse Courses/Classes and Pathway offerings
• Create user accounts, thus creating new student profiles and allowing them to edit profile data as applicable
• Add applicable Classes to a Shopping Cart and purchase them via three possible methods, primarily using a Credit Card
• Add applicable Classes to a user’s Wait List or Class Interest List
• Upon successful transactions, create applicable enrollment and transaction responses to the proper WCF services
• Upon successful transactions, create and send automatic emails responses
• View their student records, such as Enrollments, Attendance, Grades, Documents, Profile, etc.
All communications with the school's business logic will be handled via WCF services supplied and setup by CodeLevel Services. Note that some of the design elements described in the document may be native elements to the DNN CMS framework. Native DNN operations and modules can be used where it does not result in major changes to the design indicated within this document.
This web site must be able to be used by multiple schools independently, without replicating the entire web site for each school. In this case, creating a new “Portal” will include the ability to:
• Enter the unique URL for each portal (School).
• Create configuration options for changing base colors, text and general UI options that will affect the each portal (independently of course).
Unless otherwise noted in the document, all other colors, text and UI components will affect all portals (schools). The ability to meet these requirements should be an inherent feature of the DNN framework. Note: A “school”, for the purposes of this document, is a DNN portal.
We will plan to use [url removed, login to view]
55 freelancers are bidding on average $1785 for this job
Hello sir.I am interested for this project and i have experienced with these skills. If you want to know my skill then please visit my portfolio [url removed, login to view] site I am waiting for your offer.