We're looking to hire someone to build us a new website.
We have about 2,000 US to spend on Phase 1 of the site and we want to see results before spending more in the future. We are looking for guidance from a GAF provider to make technology recommendations, help us set a budget and time-lines.
Read our initial requirements below and look at the following site as we would like to build something with similar functionality - [url removed, login to view] We will have a site in english and Chinese – so all development must be mirrored in a 2nd site. We will develop the English site first and then the mirror Chinese site, an identical site in a 2nd language. Our site will have about half the product categories that this site has.
I would like to start with a list of sites that you have developed that are similar so that I can select and then receive a features list and easily remove/add features. This way we can both be comfortable with the size of the project and the budget before saying yes. Also we want to evidence of your past work and your role in those projects, without this we will not move forward.
Here are some considerations:
1. Site needs a CMS. I prefer an open source solution like Joomla or WordPress. We want to set it up so that we can train our many suppliers to simply send updates to us in the correct format every month that can be simply bulk upload into the system. Site will have blog and fixed pages as well.
2. Site needs a shopping cart. Preferably osCommerce like Magneto. This should include functionality to manage inventory and process payments. Site must be set up to process with Alipay.
3. We have no preference on what it will be hosted on but if anything Linux.
4. We will provide the overall design. Provider will be responsible for implementing the design.
5. Site will be hosted on your servers until development is complete.
6. We want to have a few weeks post launch to overcoming problems.
7. We would really like to site to work in smartphones but not a necessity.
This is a brief summary of our initial needs. It is our expectation that an experienced provider will help us determine the specific requirements and a budget and time-line. Future development will occur upon the successful launch of the site.
Thank you in advance!