This is my second time coming to getafreelancer. The first time I chose somebody to work for us and he was doing a GREAT job, but for some reason disappeared and stopped the project before it was finished. This is why I'm back.
I run a sports blog called Noob Sports ([url removed, login to view]). It's still a young blog, and it's seen great success (we've been featured on ESPN2's "Cold Pizza" and we were in Newsweek, the magazine read by millions). We've been using blogger to do the site, which works okay... but we're ready to upgrade to Wordpress. We're looking for somebody to do the site re-design for us.
I know exactly what I'm looking for, and it seems to be a relatively easy thing to do (for you guys who know what you're doing). Here's the list:
- As far as the template goes, this is what we're looking for: For the front page, we want a 3 column design. A good example of the proportions we want can be seen here: [url removed, login to view] . Those are the proportions we want, with a skinny-ish left column, and a right column with space for ads.
- Below the Logo (more on the logo later) at the top of the page, we want a horizontal navigation bar. For an example of what we're looking for go to [url removed, login to view], and look at the grey bar below the logo. This bar should be customizable, and each of them should be able to link to one of our "write page" pages.
- We want our font to be like the font you see at deadspin ([url removed, login to view]). Black writing, simple. We want the titles of our articles to be big and green (The entire color scheme is white background, green for titles and logo, black words, and red for links) We would also like them to be permalinks. For all of the links we put in our articles (hyperlinks), we'd like them to show up red on the page, so they stick out.
- I also know how I want my "date" and "quotations" customized... I will tell you that if I select you to do my project.
Besides all the template help, we would also like this help (which is really easy):
- Help us import all our old articles into wordpress... this should be fairly simple.
- Help us figure out exactly how to use wordpress
- Possibility of a Logo design for the top of the page (if you're artistic and interested, we can talk).
Other than that, this is a fairly simple project. I know EXACTLY what I want. Hopefully it can work like this: You win the bid. I email you the specifics of what I'm looking for. You take however long you need to get what you think I want. I look at it, and tell you the small changes needed. You make those changes. You help me import all our old articles, we get started, and you get paid. Very simple.
I look forward to seeing all your bids. We want the ENTIRE project done for under $100. This shouldn't be a problem, as last time we had 9 people bid on it in the first day. If you could show me a portfolio, or some examples of other work you have done, that would be great.
One last thing, we're very easy to work with, and we will let you be pretty much as creative as you want to be... as long as you stay within the boundaries and guidelines we set. We will also help you promote your work, a lot. At the bottom of every page, you can say "page designed by _____" or whateve ryou want it to, with a link to your page. We also know many people in the blogging community, and many have expressed interest in having their sites upgraded. If you do a good job, we can probably give you many leeds to more opportunities with other sites.