We are in need of someone who is intimately familiar with configuring WSS 3.0 (Windows SharePoint Services) for Forms Based Authentication. Included in the requirements for this project would be the need to create and configure a new SharePoint Services team site for Extranet/Internet access using FBA with the included ASP.NET membership provider features, install/configure the ASP.Net Web Administration tool so that we could use it to manage and create users access after the installation and configuration of the site has taken place. Following are relevant items to this installation:
* Windows Server Standard 2003 w/ MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Version ( Installed)
* WSS 3.0 and SharePoint Office Server are installed
* Server has all the latest updates
* Server is a dedicated server hosted with GoDaddy
* Has existing site running on it (configuration of WSS Extranet site should not interfere with existing site).
* WSS Team Site should be accessible via same domain as existing website, via different port number if necessary.
Existing problems that need to be overcome:
* Currently cannot get ASP.Net Web Administration Tool Interface to display. Will likely need some troubleshooting.
* SharePoint Central Administration site is accessible local from server. However, when trying to access the “Application Management” tab in the SharePoint Central Administration site, a Windows Authentication Dialog prompts for credentials to access the “Application Management” tab. Providing credentials to the administrator account for authentication results in failure, access denied. Trying to access the “Operations” tab has the same results.
A successful engagement could result in continued work on the server on an as needed basis if desired.
NOTE: Please be, as requested, familiar with WSS. A previous attempt to have this configured for us by someone else has resulted in the problem with the authentication dialog when trying to access the “Application Management” or “Operations” tab from the SharePoint Central Administration site.
Bidders should at minimum be familiar with the following technologies:
Windows 2003 Security, MS SQL 2005, ASP.NET, WSS 3.0, IIS 6.0