I have a Mac, and my website is already up.
I have the look I want, and just need technical work done.
I'd like all the things below to be new subpages of my main site.
I want to add these new services and products to this site.
I want a shopping cart that handles payment for all the new services and products:
1. My ebooks are currrently being billed through PayPal, and paperbacks are currently paid to my credit card company, because the person here didn't know how to set up a cart for me that would download ebooks and audio tracks automatically upon purchase.
I’ll have about 40 products soon.
I'd like it all in one cart, including these next things:
2. MP3 audio downloads. It will be free for customers to listen to some sample ones, but customers will pay a fee to download any of the longer ones. There’s already a new blank page set up called Products that we can use for that. I want to rename it Audio Tracks. I think I can probably load the free audios onto the site myself. It’s the purchasable ones I’ll need help with…. How to get them paid for in the cart and then delivered automatically.
When they purchase the longer tracks, they have to pay.
Then I want it to download automatically to their computer when they have paid, and they can record it on their own CD.
All these audios would be free to those people who belong to the membership sites (will tell you about that next).
3. Two different membership areas (just separate pages but that have to be paid for to be accessed) should be set up. People will pay me for monthly membership for these, by credit card. I also want to be able to give them to some people.
You’d set up a membership profile area on the page for each member, in a long right hand column. It would have a place for their picture, and some info they want to share about themselves. I would give you all the fields I want. About 12 fields for each person to fill out.
On a separate page inside the membership area, you’d set up a message board where people could post messages, and then others can post answers to any given thread.
If you already have a template for a membership site or can tell me how to purchase one for you for this use, that is good. That way there are no bugs to work out.
The membership areas will have an index for weeks 1 through 10, and customers will click and go to a new part of the page for each week.
The course can all be on one long page.
The membership areas will have text and clickable audio lessons on them, with some flash art. You would set it up, then I’d learn how to add new items to it later.
4. I also want a page called Published Articles, with all my magazine articles on it (PDFs). People would look a the index, click on a subject they like, and it would go to the part of the page where that article is. It can be all one long page for now. I do NOT want people to be able to copy the articles.
5. I need you to find and integrate the best shopping cart with my online credit card company. I have a 5 page list of suppliers that are supposedly already integratable w/my credit card service, which is www.eprocessingnetwork.com. You’d research which carts would download the products automatically upon purchase.
You'd put up the basic structure of each membership site, the shopping cart pages, the article page, and you'd set up the paid part of the audio download page.
I usually design the look and let you do the technical to make it all work. You may help me with the look too if you're good at that. Mainly I need a technical person more than a graphic designer. But you must be able to make it look exactly like the mock ups I send you, or better.
I like to then put the text in myself. I'm always changing text, adding new things, and will be adding new audios.
I'd send you the audios, photos, and some basic headings and "spaceholder" text, a mock up for where everyting goes, and you would put them up.
Maybe the membership site audios should be "podcasts" or maybe they should be individual downloadable audios. Maybe you can help me decide. Podcasting may be easier and less expensive, but then it takes people away from my site and I don’t like that.
I’d like to hear the pros and cons of that as part of your bid.
I am not a tech person, but I make changes and additions on my Mac, and I have a tutor here once a week.
I’d need instruction from you on any special information I’d need to access or change what you do that the Apple people here would not know.