Summary: Build an online marketplace using Ruby on Rails.
Overview: This project is a very small part of a larger prototype (c1.5% of total budget). The prototype is divided into four phases and two parts in each phase. However, I have had a handful of experience with "Over promises and under deliveries", therefore this initial project (Phase 0.A.1) is greatly scaled down to test and select the right person for the whole prototype.
Description: Build, test and deploy a registration, login, sign-out, password change, reset password and login member to populate their profile details using Rails and MySQL. You are not required to beautify the frontend, but it must be functional. Predominately, the focuses will be on business logics, architecture, database and backend functions.
Timeframe: One week ideally, open to suggestions. Each part of each phase is allocated approximately two weeks. A phase should take approximately one month.
Budget: This is a fixed budget prototype, payment is awarded on deliverables, acceptance and pass testing. The budget is split even across both backend and frontend (Graphics, arts and design included), each phase and part are also split evenly, except for this initial part.
1. Fluent or bilingual in English, especially writing and communication.
2. Technical writing, documentation and instructions catering for none technical users (e.g. Setting up the environment for deploying Rails App in development or production, or use Mina script.)
3. Prior Rails web framework development experience, especially online marketplace
4. MySQL with Rails.
5. Mastery of User Journey
6. Third party integration and gems (Mailchimp, Mandrill, Braintree, Google Analytic, 2FA/OmniAuth, etc.)
7. UML, Dataflow and MVC diagrams and architecture.
8. Agile development and fluidity.
9. Not afraid to ask questions, even if it sound stupid, be bold and seek clarifications.
10. Used Trello for both communication and progress tracking.
Strong preference is given to individual instead of software company or groups.
Documents: Please see attached "1-RoR Prototype Terms & [url removed, login to view]" for details, and ensure you understand the terms and high-level requirement. Then view "2-RoR Business Rules & [url removed, login to view]" to get an understanding of the technical requirements.
Closing remarks: I am open to suggestions and alternatives (as in different third party’s tools, gems, etc.), so long as it is more efficient and effective in term of time, costs and security.
In your respond, please includes:
1. State that you have read and understood the briefs, requirements, terms and have read both the attached documents.
2. Why you? And how do you fit or exceed the selection criteria?
3. You have view Phase 0.A.1 Trello’s cards and know what is require for Phase 0.A.1
4. Provide your quote and timeframe for deliverables, testing and propose your project plan.