This small UK-based start-up company will be supplying dog supplements direct to owners throughout the UK, as an e-commerce business. The website will therefore be the only place where customers can purchase the product.
Social media will be used to direct customers to the website for further information, the purchase of trial packs, and hopefully convert interest into purchase. There will be 2 products in the supplement range initially, which can be purchased either as a trial pack, or multiples of a single pack size.
The web platform that hosts the site will be SquareSpace, and web-designers should have previous experience using this tool for an ecommerce product.
The website will need to have the following attributes built into it at the beginning so that a fully functioning ecommerce website will be operating at launch:
- Ecommerce function: the ability to purchase trial packs, purchase normal packs, create an account for repurchase, and a subscription facility.
- Email marketing ability from a database (subscribers mainly) for newsletters, offers, etc
- Able to be linked to: from social media advertising, posts etc.
- Have an automated mechanism such that a customer can refer a friend and gain discount on their next purchase.
- Have a ‘discount code’ facility such that customers can input a specific code to receive a discount on their purchase.
- Be able to host short videos (