We need a single webpage that will be displayed by Chrome on large television screens as the UI of a digital signage system. It will display advertisements, so it should be not only engaging, but also professional and easy on the eyes. It needs to be minimal in terms of system resources, but also easily maintainable (in order to make small changes) and modifiable (so that it could be used as a template in case a different design is needed).
* In general, follow best practices that emphasize maintainability and readability.
* Memory and processing power may be limited, so these footprints should be minimized.
* Weather and marquee sections should periodically send an HTTP request to a local server to get updated data to display. The on-screen data should be updated, seamlessly if possible, including the weather images.
* Weather forecast data: GET to http://localhost:8080/weather/forecast
* For testing: GET to http://localhost:8080/weather/forecast/successful, GET to http://localhost:8080/weather/forecast/failed
* Marquee data: GET to http://localhost:8080/marquee
* For testing: GET to http://localhost:8080/marquee/successful, GET to http://localhost:8080/marquee/failed
* Minification, linting, etc.
* A module bundler, such as Webpack or Browserify.
* Use SCSS for the CSS extension language.
* Should a templating engine be used?
* Which layout technology would be best? Flexbox, Bootstrap, CSS Grid Layout, etc.
* Compatible with the latest version of Chrome.
* Looks great in 1920x1080 resolution.
* Should be up to two: the Top Marquee, and the Bottom Marquee.
* Separated by a border when both are active.
* Configurable so that only the top marquee is displayable (determined if there is any text for the bottom marquee), but the height should be the full height of the top marquee, the border, and the bottom marquee.
* Boxes on right should be easy to hide or display.
* Background color should flow, similar to how it flows in the video, with multiple colors than can be configurable.
* Fonts should be like those in the video: ultimately, easy to read on a soft background, including from a distance. Should be bolded.
* Video section will display a single image or GIF.
* Image sections should be rotating list of images.
* All interactive capabilities disabled, but only if they can be easily enabled.
* Multiple landscape resolutions and aspect ratios supported and easily configurable.
* Portrait resolutions and aspect rations (such as 9:16) supported.
57 freelancers are bidding on average $661 for this job
Hello, We have all needed skills for completing this project, Let me know if I am in your shortlist, I'll submit my detailed proposal after that. Thanks, Sebastian