I created the website [login to view URL] using wordpress and Andrei Saioc, the creator of a very good wordpress theme helped me with some customisations of his project theme (from [login to view URL]).
I asked for the customisations to be carried out in a child theme so that any updates would work fine with the work he carried out for me. The customisation worked great, until he made a major update to the site ... and unfortunately all theme versions since then don’t work with the customisations he carried out for me. Apparently the modifications included major changes to a lot of the script, so the child theme updates would not work anymore. Disappointing as this was something I wanted to avoid and he now wants to charge me again to make them work.
I decided to work with another developer that can understand his code and make the changes for me, but I have been away for a year so it all had to go on hold ...
im back, and extremely keen on finding a good wordpress developer to carry out all the work I need now, and in future. So it's key for the developer to understand how the theme works as much as possible.
First and foremost, the theme needs to be updated to the latest version he created .... with all of the modifications he carried out to remain functional (I hope that he has fixed a lot of the bugs that were in the version I was using a while ago). I tried updating it but the modifications stopped working so I had to revert back to the previous version.
The biggest part of the modifications Andrei carried out is the customised questions on project posting.
On the standard theme, there was only one set of questions that would be asked ... and they would be the same questions for every category selected.
On the customised one, when a category is selected ... a specific set of questions relating to that category appeared on two additional pages. Andrei created a section on the admin area for me to create these questions (and select the categories that they appeared in).
This is the major customisation I wanted ... there are a few other smaller ones that were carried out, I would like them to remain functional as well.
There are a few problems with the theme as well (not the lastest one, the one I'm currently using).
The search function doesn’t work at all. Im hoping in the latest update he’s fixed this.
The Preview page does not look right – it doesn’t show any of the correct details of the project.
When I hit finalise project posting on the final page ... it goes back to the preview page (although this may be due to my customisations).
The posts in the blog section have a layout issue (im hoping he’s fixed this on the latest update)
Also, I need a few changes made.
The tabs on the project posting need to be changed
“STEP 2” changed to “Specifications 1”
“STEP 3” changed to “Specifications 2”
“Payment” changed to “Submit”