Develop an internet monitor (preferably in Java, VB.net, C, C++, but other languages can be proposed)
The program must be provided as a complete application with INSTALL/UNINSTALL facility that a user can download from
It must be compatible with all versions of Window (included Win 7), and MAC operating systems (all versions).
After download from out site, the client installs the program to his/her machine.
- The application starts every time a BROWSER is openend and records:
-- The addresses in the address bar (full URL),
-- The query message, if any,
-- The time and date of the call,
-- Any message sent through the browser (ie email message contents), with a maximum of details.
-- There is no need to collect the traffic FROM the server to the browser.
- When the browser opens, the program sends the data collected during the previous session to a given URL (database server),
where data is recorded. The program receives an acknowledgment of data received, then erases its temporary records from
the user's machine. The communication protocol is to be advised.
- Unless set in "debug mode", NO activity of the application must appear on any screen. This "debug mode" can be set at
installation time, or through a message sent by our server.
- The internet activity must be recorded, whether the connection is physical (wired ADLS, phone), or WI-FI,
or through a USB port (mobile connection).
- After installation, the user shall connect to our site and receive and activation code that will enable the application to run.
- During a connection, a message from our server set the application as disabled (or, better, completely removed from
the user's machine)
All source code to be provided.
No third party piece of code accepted.
1) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Employer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No 3rd party components unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the employer on the site per the worker's Worker Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Dec 12, 2010 4:19:14 AM:
To all bidders: - No cut & paste replies, please. - Specify what language your propose to use - Specify the general procedures you are going to use and how you will achieve this project.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Dec 14, 2010 9:07:38 AM:
Please, do not send us "We can do this" or your portfolio, or your contact details. Submit a detailed explanation on HOW you are going to build this project: language used, step-by-step implementation, how you would solve each issue. Without these, I would not even consider your bid. BE PRECISE, or be out. This project is NOT easy, and requires deep skills. That eliminates 95% of potential bidders who just have a vague knowledge on how to develop this application. I don't need people who will have to learn anything: I can do that myself! And don't tell me "I can do that". Tell me HOW you are going to do it! Regards,
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Dec 26, 2010 2:57:19 AM:
No bidder has explained how they would deal with the project, nor detailed what language they would use. When posting this project, I thought it would be complex and beyond my expertise, but I gave it a trial. I have been able to develop myself an application that fulfills our requirements, using VB 2008, in less than 10 hours work, giving an estimated value of $300 for the work. I have no option but to cancel this project. Best regards and good luck to all on your biddings. JR