I've written a small C# desktop application that I would like an experienced developer to improve and finish into a high quality product.
The application is a single form with an embedded browser component (webkitdotnet) and a .Net datagridview. The application works, has an nsis installer and unit tests.
Specific items for this project are:
* Change the DataGridView to use the DevExpress XtraGrid.
* Improve Excel interoperability, including copy & paste & reading Excel files. These are implemented but have a few bugs.
* Improve right click context menu to be more like Excel (insert row, delete column etc. )
* A file import wizard ( like Excel ) for .TXT and .CSV files
* Save As functionality to .TXT or .CSV files.
* Printing for both the data grid and browser component
* Graceful error handling & offline behavior when internet very slow or not accessible
* Error messages changed from messageboxes to HTML pages shown in the browser component ( like firefox )
* Rename user visible references to the new application name ( installer, titlebar etc )
General items are:
* Application performance, especially with larger datasets
* Testing with different datasets and implementing additional unit tests
* General user interface polish, including keyboard shortcuts
Artwork is specifically excluded from the scope of this project. There are placeholder graphics that will be replaced by professional artwork as a separate project.
<strike>I have attached the application for you to evaluate the requirements.
Please contact me if you would like to review the source code before bidding.</strike> Update: I have attached source code for the c# solution to assist with accurate bidding. Thanks
Winforms. C# .Net 4.0