This project is for additional enhancements to an existing C#.NET Windows Form application. The full Visual Studio 2010 solution file is attached along with MSSQL script and a MS Word document with more detail (including screenshots) regarding the requirements below.
This project consists of five enhancements:
1. Add filter by Prefix. This should be a listbox preceeding the textbox for "Filter:" that should display a "select distinct" for all of the available prefixes. When a selection is made, the listbox should update to include only the records where the prefix matches the filter.
2. Add Cancel button to cancel changes, including the new part record that was created. Although a new part number must be assigned and committed to the database immediately, there are times where the user must cancel adding a new part. In those cases, the part number that was assigned should be removed. Also when a new part is in process of being added, the application should not be able to be closed.
3. When adding a new part, the description field should be required.
4. Require at least one manufacturer part number. When adding a new part, at least one manufacturer/manufacturer part number must be assigned.
5. Add Manufacturer function
Please add an option in the Manufacturer list box to add a new Manufacturer. This could be labeled "(Add New)" and when selected, the user will be prompted to enter the new manufacturer.
Please see attached file which contains the latest code base, MSSQL script and project requirements document.