We are looking for an imaginative, inspiring and "different" blog writer. Please read below and review the qualifications before applying.
Red Roamer Overview ([url removed, login to view])
Red Roamer is a social network that connects individuals who are moving or who are new to a new city with other Movers and Shakers. Shakers represent individuals who are locals to the city and offer their advice or assistance to the Movers. Check out [url removed, login to view] for more information about the service.
Here at Red Roamer we are young professionals on a mission to explore the world together. We picture our initial users to be the same. We want this blog to encourage individuals to pick up and go, move to a new place, explore a new part of their current city and meet new people who will lend a helping hand and make the transition a divine experience.
The goal of the blog is to drive organic traffic to the website and offer useful information to individuals who are considering moving or who are trying to settle into a new city. There are a lot of emotions that come along with settling into a new place and we want to give our users useful tools, information, words of encouragement and moments of laughter to let them know that they are not alone. Our users need to feel like they have the confidence to conquer the world.
If this service and these words connect with you then please reach out to us. We would love to work with you!
Blog Post Specifications
Blog postings need to be well-structured, informative, creative and entertaining. We need it to connect with users so a good sense of humor and sarcasm are welcomed! Content must always contain some piece of factual tidbit that can be cited from a viable source. At least one image must also be included in every blog posting.
- Pay will be per-post ($20 - $45) and will be based on experience and length of the post.
- Posts should be 250-600 words
- Include an original photo
- Include a factual tidbit cited from a viable source
- Include target keywords to be ranked
- Include relevant Categories and Tags
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Excellent writing skills (proper grammar, spelling, sentence structure).
- Experience with moving to a new city.
- Creative writing style. Content should be creative but your thought process should have a logical flow that readers can understand.
- Understanding of WordPress (e.g. how to post, utilize categories and tags, respond to comments etc.).
- Must have a positive social presence on at least three of the following: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, Digg, Stubleupon. Must have a descent size following in order to share blog posts to your followers.
- Understanding of SEO and how to grow organic search positioning and properly utilize target keywords in titles, content and pictures.
- Understanding of copyrights and trademarks for intellectual property.
- Knowledge of other tools and resources out in the market that will benefit our users (airbnb, [url removed, login to view], citysocializer, and others). We want to be able to inform our users of the latest and greatest apps, websites and services that will benefit them while settling down in a new city.
- Ability to take original photos in order to visually represent blog posts.
- Must live in a major U.S. city (e.g San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago). Preference will be given to individuals located in San Francisco. We need an individual who is familiar with a city where we are initially launching.
Please answer these questions when applying:
1. Do you meet the qualifications above? If not, please describe why.
2. Tell us something interesting about you.
3. What do you think our users would be interested in reading about? Give us some example blog post titles.
4. Have you ever moved before? If so, what was the most difficult part? If not, why not?
5. Would you be willing to contribute your time help others settle into your city? What incentive would encourage you to help out more?
12 freelancers are bidding on average $484 for this job
- I am an SEO expert - I am really willing to assist you in this project as per your requirements...................................................................................................