• Company name and logo
• Contact details (city, e-mail, mobile)
• One line that clearly describes the concept/product/service
o Bad example: We are redefining the quality of healthcare
o Good example: We are building a chain of affordable pediatric clinics in tier 2 cities
Overview of your solution (2-3 slides)
• What is the problem or opportunity you are addressing
• Your solution i.e. how you are addressing the problem
• What is the value proposition of your offering?
• What is your ‘defensible’ competitive differentiator
• Why is your differentiator defensible?
Product / Technology (1-2 slides)
• Explain the key features of your product / service / solution
• Highlight the uniqueness of the technology and application and not the technical details
of the solution.
• Provide links to reference material, if any (e.g. videos, etc.)
• Provide screen shots of portal/app or photographs as relevant
Business Model and Business Case
• Explain your current and possible revenue streams
• Explain your business model (i.e. who will pay, how much, to whom, and at what periodicity).
• Unit economics
• Who is your target customer?
• Which markets are you addressing?
• What is the size of the market opportunity?
(Do not mention broad industry numbers. Be more specific about how you arrive at the market
Example of a market sizing
In India, there are ____ number of parents who will buy our service at Rs/$_____
This translates into a market potential of Rs/$_____ per year. In year 3, we plan to
tap US and Canada, and the size of the opportunity there is Rs/$_______ (No. of
parents ______ x Price per year_____)
• Who are you competing with?
• What are your competitive advantages? (Note: a comparison chart is usually not seen
seriously by investors because all presentations tend to show a comparison chart that will be
favorable to your solutions/product)
Current status and traction
• What is the current status of your product / solution? (Highlight the product road map
if product is not fully developed, or if there are significant additions planned)
• Explain your current traction – number of customers, revenues, etc.
• Give highlights of your customer conversion metrics (e.g. MAU/DAU, repeat purchases, etc.)
• Highlight what will each member of the team do in the venture, and why he/she is best
suited for the role
• Indicate the % of equity held by founders – also mention if they are full time or not
• Highlight key team members other than founders and advisors (if any)
• Highlight your sales and marketing plans
• Indicate how you plan to expand / scale up
Financials - current and projections
• Summary of your business plan excel sheet for 3 years (Note: the detailed excel sheet is
NOT required. Just key figures at annual level for 3 years is sufficient for the preliminary evaluation.
If there is sufficient interest from investors in the venture, then they will evaluate your excel sheet and
business case in detail)
• How much investment are you seeking, and at what valuation
• Highlight how long this investment will last, and what you will achieve with that
• Indicate whether you will get to self-sustainability with the current round, or how much
additional capital will be required post this round
• Mention if there are other co-investors (or others who have already committed)
• Mention previous investment history including year, amount and investors.