I am attempting to build for our church, a very nice Christian based Business Directory and Community Guide. I have already paid for a program I think is nice and paid to have a flash intro made for the site but still am very unhappy with it's appearance and not ready to make it public yet.
I need a professional to come in who is very good with graphic arts, flash, webdesign and understand programming for customization who is confident they can turn this very bland looking site into something spectactular.
I'll look to you for advice on how to do this because in all honest, I don't even know exactly what I want but do know, this isn't it yet.
Our local chamber of commerce has a nice site built which also is a "Business Directory and Community Guide" which we could use as a guide unless you can show me a better template to use.
- I'll need a clean new logo for the business
- A better homepage presense like found at [url removed, login to view]
- and any creative ideas you can come up with to enhance the appearance of this site to encourage people to come back frequently and look to it for information. Maybe a movie guide, a calandar of events specific to the city and state choosen to maybe show dates and times of community events like "concerts in the park", "holiday based events like city sponsored 4th of July fireworks locations, Easter days, etc", "orginization meetings for the Lion's Club, Son's of Itally, or other orginizations", and so forth. You get the idea.
- Maybe a movie guide (I like things to be as seemless as possible because there will be little time for a moderator so maybe a link to local movies which come from another site and when they automatically update their site, simply because it's a copied link on ours, ours will be updated. Any ideas?
- I'm going to have the front end intro (flash) moved to be the start of our mission statement which it's more related with. This way it's not in front of visitors comming in who have to watch it over and over but rather there for the one time someone wants to know our "mission statement".
- A specialized section for Real Estate listings may be a good idea?
- The site should look very specific to the city and state the visitor picks. ie. if they choose Chino Valley, California then a site similar to the [url removed, login to view] would pop up with the Chino Valley name, a url extestion maybe of [url removed, login to view] if necessary to sepperate sites pulled, and note the nice simple flash anime on the top right corner which says "Serving Chino & Chino Hills". All this should be specific to the area choosen as should all ads, movies, etc.
- Durring the facelift of the site, SEO should be kept in mind if you have any SEO experience.
In short, the [url removed, login to view] is an easy site to copy an rewrite or again, if you have a better template that's fine too (please provide a link in my PM).
Setup of everything so it is turn-key ready when finished.
and the script I just paid for at [url removed, login to view] is very simple to use and to manipulate. It has a wysiwig type admin. Things like creating a better banner or page top is easy.
I just want the site to look much more presentable and professional before promoting it to the general public.
The theme behind this site in general, is a place where people may find Christian owned businesses to do business with. A community guide for families to find fun events, movies, etc. A business mans resource area to find legal help through the use of listings such as the chamber of commerce, Better Business Bureau or BBB, US Chamber of Commerce, and other business mixers.
For the first year, I will be giving away advertisements free of charge. A $5 refundable charge similar to that of GAF should be utilized to prevent misuse of the site and explained that way. Once it is approved, the $5 is refunded or simple enough a posting should have to be authorized first before submission is allowed.
After a period of 6-12 months and I see the site is being used regularly, I want the site to be used on a pay per advertising system (all already setup in the current script) where all profits go to help Children in need around the world through known orginizations like World Vision, Sameritins Purse, etc. The entire site is being paid for out of my pocket to help others in need so I need to keep the budget as reasonable as possible. If you are a professional and willing to help, I'll permit FREE lifetime listings of your company if you wish on this site as well. I simply need help and ideas from professionals like you guys who can do this on a budget. Please help us help others in need. Thanks!
Please send all messages, ideas and links to my GAF PM where we will keep in touch.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $266 for this job
Hi, I am a freelancer from Romania.I have a 5 years experience in flash , php , mysql ,a dobe photoshop,xml.I think i can help with your site and thmake a good job [url removed, login to view] check my pmb