I need a simple script/program that will take an xml file, parse a few variables, and then write the contents to a csv file that excel can open, along with the source code. It needs to run on Windows XP. I expect that this would take someone familiar with xml very little time.
The script needs to:
1) Find instances where the object "question" has a property "incorrect" = 1 or "mark" = 1.
2) Parce the explanation property into two parts: One including the question - everything before *STRONG*(Choice A)*STRONG*, and one with the objective - everything after *STRONG*Educational objective:*STRONG*.
3) Get the value of the divName property, corrTaken property, and pplTaken property.
4) Strip any HTML formatting away
5) Write the results to a csv file, readable by Excel, with the following headings/values:
divName,parsed explanation objective,parsed explanation question,corrTaken/pplTaken,corrTaken,pplTaken
(See the attached sample XML file and csv file)