Refunding credit card deposits
Credit card deposits that meet the following conditions can be refunded upon request:
- The funds are available on your Freelancer.com account balance.
- The money to be refunded came from a credit card deposit and is not your earnings from a project or contest.
- The credit card deposit is still within its refundable period. Most credit card deposits can be refunded within one year, while it’s 6 months for some.
Scroll down to click Contact Us and give us the following details so we can process the refund:
- Deposit Amount and currency
- Date and time of deposit
- Last four digits of your credit card
You will receive a confirmation email once the deposit is refunded. Refund of credit card deposits usually takes 5 - 10 business days to reflect on your account.
Deposit cancellation is performed instead of a refund if the funds being reqeusted for refund has not been cleared is not yet completely processed. Successfully cancelled deposits will not show as refunded in your transactions, it is up to your bank to cretit the funds to your card balance.
For deposits past their refundable period, you can withdraw* them instead to have the funds returned to you.
*If this is your very first withdrawal on the site, your withdrawal request will undergo the 15-day processing for security purposes. Otherwise, it will follow the regular cut-off times.