To complete our Know Your Customer (KYC) process and successfully verify your Freelancer.com account, we require you to provide (1) a proof of identity, (2) a keycode verification photo, and (3) a proof of address.
- Documents or images must not be altered or edited in any way. Submission of a fake or altered documents will result in account closure and may lead to legal actions.
- Submit only a high-quality colored image scan or colored digital photo. Photocopies and black and white scans/photos are not acceptable.
- If the IDs or documents are in your local language or translation, please have them English-translated and notarized before submitting.
- Do not use special characters (i.e. &#@!) in the image's filename so the Verification team can review the file.
Proof of Identity
A government-issued ID that has your name, photo, date of birth, signature and the ID’s date of issue is accepted as proof of identity.
The following are the common documents that are accepted.
- Driver's License
- National ID card
- Tax ID
- Proof of Age ID
- Professional License ID
- State ID
- Voter's ID
- Postal ID
- Government-issued Health Cards
Rules to Remember:
- The ID should not be expired.
- Image dimensions must be 500 x 300 pixels minimum.
- The copy must not be cropped and should include all sides and details of the ID.
- If you are submitting an ID card, please submit its front and back parts.
Keycode Verification Photo
A photo of yourself holding a piece of paper with your unique code (to be provided in the Verification Center) in one hand and your ID in your other hand.
- Ensure that your face can be seen clearly.
- You must be actually holding your ID and the piece of paper with your keycode. Photos which show that you are holding only a printed copy of your ID will not be accepted.
- The ID you are holding in your keycode photo should be the actual ID you have submitted as your Proof of Identity. For example: If you submitted a colored scan of your passport as your Proof of Identity, you should be holding also your passport in your keycode photo.
- Ensure that the details of your ID are clearly visible in the photo.
- The photo should not be a mirror image.
Proof of Address
This will no longer be required if your proof of identity contains your current address. If the information in the ID you uploaded shows your current valid address, choose Yes when you reach this section below:
Otherwise, submit a colored scan of any of the following acceptable proof of address documents:
- Bank Statement (issued within the last three months)
- Utility Bills (issued within the last three months)
- Income Tax Return (issued within the last year)
- Residence ID/Permit
- Notarized Leasing Agreement/Contract (issued within the last year)
- Passbook (issued within the last year only)
- Any valid government-issued ID as long as it has your name, current address, photo, date of birth, signature and the ID's issue date.
Rules to Remember:
- The document must have your full name and address.
- The document must clearly display the issuing authority's name, address, and phone number.
- Digital/online copy of documents are accepted (e.g. bank statements, utility bills). Make sure to send the PDF copy, and not a screenshot of it.
- If the document is an e-bill or e-bank statement, it should not be password-protected.
If your documents are rejected, you can check why in this article: Why is my KYC document rejected?