Projects undergo status changes depending on what action the employers or freelancers take:
- Open. Freelancers can place their bids. Projects are open for bidding for 7 days unless the employer awards it or manually closes it before the end of the bidding period. Projects upgraded to Urgent have a one-day bidding period.
- Closed. Freelancers can no longer place their bids, but the employer may still award the project to any of the existing bidders.
- Awaiting Acceptance. The project has been awarded to at least one (1) freelancer.
- In Progress. The award has been accepted by the winning freelancer and the project is ongoing.
- Complete. The project has been marked as Complete.
- Cancelled. The project has been ended as the work is no longer required.
- Incomplete. The project was marked as Incomplete as the freelancer was unable to complete it.