Refunding credit card deposits
Credit card deposits that meet the following conditions can be refunded upon request:
- The funds are available on your Freelancer.com account balance.
- The money to be refunded came from added funds through credit card and is not your earnings from a project or contest.
- The added funds through credit card are still within its refundable period. Most credit card deposits can be refunded within one year, while it’s 6 months for some.
Scroll down to click Contact Us and give us the following details so we can process the refund:
- Amount of added funds and currency
- Date and time of adding funds
- Last four digits of your credit card
You will receive a confirmation email once the added funds are refunded. Refund of credit card deposits usually takes 5 - 10 business days to reflect on your account.
Deposit cancellation is performed instead of a refund if the funds being requested for refund has not been cleared is not yet completely processed. Successfully cancelled deposits will not show as refunded in your transactions, it is up to your bank to credit the funds to your card balance.
For added funds past their refundable period, you can request for payout* instead to have the funds returned to you.
*If this is your very first payout on the site, your payout request will undergo the 15-day processing for security purposes. Otherwise, it will follow the regular cut-off times.