Birth date: 3 November 1978
Maritial status: Single
Postgraduate student at Tbilisi State University, faculty of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science. Working on Ph. D. thesis: Software Systems for Georgian Texts Processing.
Working as a laboratory assistant in the System Programming Department of the Vekua Scientific Institute of Applied Mathematics. Developed various software tools for Natural Language Processing. Have strong theoretical background in formal grammar theory (finite state automata, context free grammars, LL(k), attribute grammars with feature constraints and unification). Familiar with Lex/Flex, Yacc/Bison and Coco/R lexer and parser generator tools. Also have done prior work in university on OCR (Optical Character Recognition) systems. Have built the template driven OCR.
Programming for UNIX-like operating systems (FreeBSD, Linux) in C and C++ programming languages (Real time billing, TCP/IP network applications, system utilities). Apllications and Applets in Java programming language. Designed and implemented CGI scripts for web-sites in Perl and Python. Extensive experience with Open Source Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and SQL language. Have successfully used CORBA distributed technology in several projects (with omniORB and VisiBroker â€“ Object Request Brokers). Have experience with mobile software development under the Symbian OS 6.1/7.0 for Nokia Series 60 and UIQ smartphones.
Key Projects (visit some of them online)
1. Morphological Analyzer of Natural Language. General purpose morphological analyzer, which implements a set of unique algorithms that make morphological analysis and grammar rule composition extremely flexible. Implements the new formalism for writing morphological rules. Based on feature structures and feature constraints method.
2. Syntactic Analyzer of Natural Language. The Syntactic parser that implements bottom-up parsing of context free grammar that is extended with feature structures and feature constraints. The parser introduces the new formalisms for grammar and lexicon file that are more robust and flexible than solutions offered in other existing systems. The system is written in standard C++ programming language with STL (Standard Template Library), primarly for Unix, and ported also to Win32 platform.
3. [[login to view URL]] â€“ Free Georgian Web-Mail Server. The most popular web-mail service in Georgia. Entirely written in Perl. Based on PostgreSQL Database System and running under Linux operating system. Currently we have redesigned the system under the CORBA framework. The client part is done in Python, and the server has been implemented in C++
4. [login to view URL] â€“ SaNetâ€™s Rechargeable Internet-Card System. Real-time RADIUS billing system plus interactive payment system based on magnetic cards and POS (Point Of Service) Terminals. The whole system is implemented in C++ under FreeBSD operating system. RDBMS is MySQL with its C++ API (MySQL++).
5. [[login to view URL]] â€“ Software for Symbian based smartphones. Varius software utilities for Nokia Series 60 mobile phones.
Tbilisi State University (Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science): 2002 â€“ present
Postgraduate student. Working on Ph. D. thesis: Construction of software tools for Georgian Texts Processing.
Tbilisi State University (Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science): 2000-2002.
Master in Computer Science
Masterâ€™s Course, Speciality of Software Engineering. The course was finished with honors.
Tbilisi State University (Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science): 1996-2000.
Bachelor in Computer Science
Bachelorâ€™s Course, Speciality of Software Engineering. The course was finished with honors.
Tbilisi Secondary School ?67: 1985-1996.
National Programming Contest of Georgia (Awarded by the National Department of Informatization)
Date Type Place Award
2000 - Summer Team Competition 1-2 1st class diploma
2000 - Autumn Team Competition* 2-3 3rd class diploma
2001 - Summer Team Competition* 2 2nd class diploma
* - Member of the Tbilisi State University Team
* Brainbench certified C programmer.
* Brainbench certified Delphi programmer.
I have tendency to scientific work, with strong theoretical background and analytical mind.
Self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, both on own initiative and in a team. Ready to accept job, which will require full use of my knowledge and skills, and allow further professional growth.
## Area of Expertise
Programming Languages C, C++, Perl, Python, Java, Object Pascal, 80/86 Assembler (MASM, TASM) Operating Systems FreeBSD, Linux, Microsoft Windows NT (2000, XP) Compilers and Tools GNU family of compilers (gcc, g++, gcj), Microsoft Visual Studio (VC++ 6.0), Borland Delphi 3.0-5.0 (Databases, OLE/ActiveX, Component Writing, Socket Programming, WinAPI), Sun Microsystems JDK 1.1.2, Borland Jbuilder 2.0 (Applets â€“ Applications, AWT package), FreePascal Compiler (FPC) for Linux, Macro Assembler, Turbo Assembler. Debuggers â€“ gdb, Turbo Debugger, NuMega Soft Ice. Profilers: gprof, Turbo Profiler. Parser Generators: Lex/Yacc (bison). Libraries & APIs C / C++ Perl / Python UNIX/POSIX MS Windows Mime::Tools (RFC-822 MIME Messages parsing and processing), curses package, HTML::Template, Cheetah Template, omniPy (omniORB implementation for Python), DBI database interface. CGI. pthread package -POSIX threads (locking, mutexes, semaphores). IPC - (Inter Process Communication) pipes, shared memory, messages. Berkeley sockets API (TCP/IP, UNIX sockets), BDB â€“ Berkeley database API (both C/C++). ncurses, readline. MySQL C API, MySQL++. Cgicc. WinAPI, OLE/ActiveX â€“ basic interfaces. WinSock 2.0 â€“ Windows sockets API. TAPI 2.0/3.0 â€“ Telephony Application Programming Interface. Text Editors Emacs, Vi, Yudit (Unicode text editor) Advanced Technologies RPC (for UNIX), CORBA (omniORB, ORBit, VisiBroker), COM/OLE/ActiveX, DCOM, ISO8583 Bank Card Originated Messages parsing and processing Unix Programs and Tools Shells: bash, csh. Mail/Ftp/WWW: sendmail (source level), Apache Web-Server (source level) â€“ suexec, mod\_perl, mod\_python, wu-ftpd (source level). RADIUS: icradius (source level). DataBases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, General: grep, sed, awkâ€¦