*Manager with nine years of web administration and design experience, twelve years experience in desktop publishing and seventeen years of computer hardware, software, and programming experience.*
**Freelance Administration, Print and Web Design, Web Developer**
various clients and projects (1996 - present) now under LLC founded August 2004
Bear Brook Design August 2004-September 2005) \[consulting through Digital Variant\] (October 2005-January 2006) [employee]
Sole onsite IT staff, desktop support, systems and server administrator, technology and web consultant, supporting 12 users.
* Rush e-mail server migration, using Postfix, Spamassassin, Cyrus, etc. on Mac mini running Debian GNU/Linux.
* Create and deploy OS X Tiger desktop image to all machines, including 5 new Mac mini workstations.
* Responsible for hardware and software support for 8 servers, 14 desktops, 9 laptops, printers, security system, projector, cameras, and video equipment.
* Support web, email, ftp, printing, networking, remote connections, security, etc.
* Create and maintain support documentation, network diagrams, charts, etc.
* Search Engine Optimization (SEO), including workarounds for flash-only website design.
* Liaison with ISPs, web hosting companies, Apple and Dell support for in-warranty repairs, consulting firms, hardware and software vendors, and independent developers.
* Forensic analysis of a vandalized server system.
* Hardware installation, diagnosis, resolution, purchasing recommendations, new product testing, and out-of-warranty repair.
Base-One Technologies (April 2004-August 2004)
Part-time web-solution development as an adjunct to my recruiting work. Sole developer on this project.
* Proactively began developing a web-based collaborative solution to solve workflow issues at Base-One.
* Managed and developed solutions to streamline workflow and automate processes formerly done by hand, thus removing repetitive tasks and information tracking from recruiting staff and freeing up staff time.
* Utilized cURL libraries with PHP to create functions to utilize POST methods to external websites.
* Utilized Fetchmail to POP3 mail to the web server, Procmail to filter the mail and run it through server-side scripts, thus allowing an email to update a live website.
* Hand-coded a web-application and database back-end as a solution for intra-office documentation and collaboration, and integrated it with PmWiki to serve as a front-end for job request management.
* Built a customizable back-end from a set of PHP modules to reformat job requisitions from various formats and automate submission to online posting sites and automate entry into a database.
* Hosted the web application on my own Debian server, accessible to the Internet via DSL & a static IP address.
Base-One Technologies (April 2004-August 2004)
Screen client requisitions, solicit resumes, perform candidate screenings, correspond and build trust with candidate base, submit appropriate candidates, perform phone interviews, liaison between candidates and client representatives to negotiate bid price and contract details.
* Developed documentation for internal recruiting procedures to facilitate training future recruiting staff, developed clearly delineated procedures, wrote and formatted Intranet-based training materials for future recruiters.
**Digital Imaging Specialist**
ColorBank Digital Resources, New York, NY. Website not currently available. (July 1995 - June 1997)
Coordinate and ensure proper creation and output of client desktop publishing and pre-press projects on Mac and Unix computers. Output expertise included film separations, watercolor proofs, 4-color proofs (Iris & Cannon color output) and Linotronic output. Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop graphics, Quark XPress typesetting, design and layout. Maintained computer hardware and software and troubleshooting of all equipment and computers.
* Trained new employees in all operations and procedures.
* Designed documents to client specifications utilizing typesetting, graphic design and layout skills.
* Compiled client design and pre-press projects for output utilizing Macintosh and Unix computers.
* Maintained and upgraded computer network, hardware and software.
Userfriendly, New York, NY ( Out of business. November 1993 - July 1995)
Coordinated staff and production work at a facility on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, with duties ranging from training through troubleshooting, overseeing stock, art and document production, networking, and handling customer service.
* Maintained computer network, hardware and software for both PC and Macintosh workstations.
* Mastered Quark XPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, FileMaker Pro and more.
New York Open Center, New York, NY (May 1991-November 1991)
Taking registration orders for a busy independent educational institution. Also assisting during workshops, lectures, and conferences, acting as liaison to the presenters and ensuring attendee needs were handled in a timely manner.
**Vice President, Accounting**
Rogue Music, New York, NY (August 1989 - October 1992)
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, hardware and software support, dBase III+ application maintenance, computer information retrieval, bookkeeping, check writing, customer support, heavy phone answering, sales staff support.
B.S. Human Development with concentration in Psychology - SUNY Empire State College, projected graduation 2007
Education in American Sign Language and deaf culture. - American Sign Language Institute, Levels 1-5, 1993
A.A. Liberal Arts, with Honors. - CUNY Kingsboro Community College, June 1990
## Area of Expertise
***Software & Design Packages***
Adobe Illustrator CS, Adobe Photoshop CS, Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Entourage), PmWiki, Quark XPress, Macromedia Fireworks MX, Flash MX, FileMaker Pro, PageSpinner, OmniGraffle Professional, BBEdit, SubEthaEdit, Corel Bryce, Adobe Acrobat, Apple's iLife suite, , GPG, Dia, Zend Studio, Trac, Blender, DAZ|Studio, Xcode, AppleScript, Drupal, Mambo/Joomla, Urchin, and more.
***Systems & Equipment***
Mac OS X 10.1 to 10.4 desktop and server administration including the BSD subsystem, Debian/GNU Linux, LinuxPPC, Power Macintosh Linux kernel compilation, "Classic" Mac OS 7.x to 9.x, Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, Unix and network administration. Dolev 800, Linotronic, Iris, Dupont Waterproof System, scanners, color copiers and printers, etc.