Summary of Skills
• 11years of experience in Software development
• Worked in Customer facing projects in Canada, USA, Singapore, India
• Led teams as technical lead and team lead with various team size
• Mentored new comers to the team with technical skills & guidance in career progress
• Created applications using Java, XML, XSL, Java Mail, FOP PDF generator
• Development experience in ASP in several projects
• Developed Web applications using MVC (Model View Control) framework
• Extensively worked on Bea Weblogic 8.1, 7, 6 in development & deployment of EJB, Servlet & JSP
• Experience using Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Scripts
• Experienced with Windows NT/2000 and UNIX operating systems.
• Extensive experience in off shore development model
• Created applications using .net, C# & ASP .net
Web Technologies/ Languages: JSF, J2EE, JDK 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5, Servlets 2.2/2.3, JSP 1.1/1.2,CustomTags, JMS 1.3, JDBC 1.0/2.0, Enterprise Java Beans, XML, XSL, XSLT, Oracle 8i/8.0, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server, SQL, BEA WebLogic 8.1/7.0/6.1/6.0, IBM Websphere 3.5.3, JBuilder 10, Rational Rose, Windows 95/ 98/ NT / 2000, MS-DOS, C#, ASP .Net, Spring, Hibernate, Free Marker, VXML, Jasper Report
Databases: Oracle 9/8, MS SQL Server, mySQL and MS Access
Libraries and tools: JDBC, Java Beans
IDE Tools: Borland JBuilder
Design Methodology: UML using Rational Rose
Hardware/Environment: Pentium, Win 2000/NT/98/95, MS-DOS 6.22, UNIX
J2EE 3 Java 6
JSF 1 WebLogic 3
Oracle 4 XML 1
XSLT 1 Struts 2
JSP 3 Servlets 2
ASP .net/ C# 1 Visual C++ 1
ASP 2 SQL Server 2
Consultant Virtusa Corp., Canada Dec 2008 – Apr 2009
Developing Web based Payment application for Metavante Corp. Customized the Payment application for State of California Tax payment system.
• Creating the design document for the requirement of the client.
• Developing IVR Telephony system and Jasper Reports.
Environment: JAVA, Free marker, Oracle, Tomcat, VXML for IVR
Senior Java Developer Versa Systems, Canada June 2007 – Nov 2008
Developing Web based application for License management in Java using JSF and oracle.
• Deploy the applications in client environment.
• Develop JSF application from reverse engineering the Oracle Form application.
Environment: JAVA, JSF, Oracle, Tomcat, Orion, JBoss
Technical Project Lead hSenid, Sri Lanka Dec 2006 – May 2007
Developed back end data analysis programs for mobile companies.
• Managed about 2 to 3 team members and do the design for the applications.
• Developed the back end data analysis for the mobile switch files generated.
• Did requirement & design for applications
Environment: JAVA, Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat 5 & mySQL 5
Freelancer Sept 2006 - Aug 2006
As a Freelancer, developed a Real Estate application, News publishing application and Photo Album application in ASP .Net with C#. Using ASP .net Controllers, .Net Email feature, XML API & ADO .Net.
• Did requirement & design
• Developed application using HTML & ASP .Net components
• Used backend as XML and integrated with front end.
Environment: ASP .Net, C#, XML
Analyst Programmer Compuware Corp, Canada Nov 2005 – June 2006
Compuware is a Software development and outsourcing firm and developed application for Morgan Stanley in a Java project called Firm Relationship Management (FRM).
• Created dynamic PDF files using Open source Apache FOP application by generating XSL, XML
• Created Java mails to send PDF attachments and action items to the responsible team members
Java Consultant iVedha, Canada Sept 2005 – Nov 2005
IVedha is a software development & recruitment agent and have crawllers to extract job detail from various Job boards like Workopolis, Monster & do the search using Keywords & location.
• Re-engineered the crawller to modify and get the JobID from job boards
• Designed & developed the Search pages using JSP, Struts with Previous & next navigation
• Used back end as SQL Server & mySQL and connected the search pages to extract the details from back end using JDBC calls
Environment: JSP, Struts, SQL Server, JDBC, mySQL, Weblogic, Tomcat
Technical Lead/ Virtusa Corp, Sri Lanka Sept 2000 – Sept 2005
Senior Software Engineer
Worked in various projects in J2EE, Java, Struts & ASP with Oracle database in creating web applications.
• Led a 3 – 10 member team
• As a Consultant have worked in USA.
• Participated in designing web application
• Developed application mostly in Java
Environment: J2EE, Java, JDBC, Java Mail, Struts, Oracle, XML, ASP
Application Developer Promedia Periodical Pte Ltd, Mar 2000 – July 2000
Provided quality e-business, advertising and information services for local and international markets. Here we maintained directory of all the electronic & electrical firms in Singapore.
• Developed a web application to manage the web pages to publish advertisements given by various firms
• Enabled email facility and search options for interactive communication using dynamically generated ASP pages
Environment: Visual InterDev (Active Server Page) and SQL Server 7 as Back-End Database
Analyst Programmer John Keells Computer Services Dec 1998 – Feb 2000
Cargo Claims Management (Aug 1999 to Feb 2000)
Project: Developed a web application to manage (file intent/claim and settlement) and trace the Airline Cargo Claims for Emirate Airlines
• Generated ASP pages with database operations
• Generated automated email facility for the application
• Developed web pages to handle request from emails and directly from browsers
Research and Development (Dec 1998 to July 1999)
Developed research applications and gave guidance to other development departments (Lotus Notes team)
• Web-enabled Accounting (General Ledger) application using Visual InterDev and Oracle Back end database
• Implemented security for Web applications using Secured Socket Layer (SSL) and Microsoft Certificate Server
• Developed service applications, which automatically generate reports and send them using Lotus Notes mail and fax facilities
• Developed client/server socket applications using Visual C++ to integrate Internet mail facility of Lotus Domino Server with Windows NT Dialup program
• Developed application to incorporate sound feature to Lotus Notes Mail database using Microsoft text to voice ActiveX component
• Converted Visual Basic 3 and Sheridan Data Control 1.0 to Visual Basic 5 and Sheridan Data Control 3.0
Environment: Visual C++ 5, Visual Basic 5, Lotus Notes 4.6, ASP and Oracle 8i as Back-End Database
Software Engineer Virtusa Corp., Sri Lanka June 1998 – Dec 1998
Large scale centralized document printing and automated enterprise bulk mailing system through Internet. To provide a system that offers a service on the Internet for small to medium business and departmental users to compose their documents. Through automated print and mailing technology the composed documents are printed, fulfilled and mailed. Repeatable and re-usable, logical for novice users to use over and over again. Provides cost effective and simple transactions using electronic commerce.
• Involved in full life cycle of system development process including documentation
• Integrated Lotus Notes 4.5 and SQL Server 6.5 Databases with Visual C++ applications
• Developed Windows NT services and Registry applications
Environment: Visual C++ 5, Lotus Notes 4.6 and SQL Server 6.5 as back end Database
• Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 1998
• CIMA (The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) United Kingdom – Final Stage