I am looking for a skilled and experienced software developer to develop a desktop database application for use off line.
The application will be used to input data, manage customer records and upload bulk data from exiting spreadsheet onto the database.
Please see the requirements of this desktop application bellow:
• The application needs to have multilevel user access, as different users of this system will only be allowed to access or view some aspects of the data based on their user privileges.
• The application must allow for new customer registration. (I will provide you with all the required fields for the forms)
• Admin must be able to register new users (staff members) to the system and assign appropriate access privileges to each user.
• Search feature to find records in the database using different search criteria such as First name, Surname, DOB, and other search terms.
• Staff will be able to view records. Important, which is assigned to them by admin. Basically this is how it needs to work. Admin will have access to all the records in the DB, and he can assign number of records to a username by selecting a tick box next to each record and selecting a username from a dropdown list. This way he knows for example user X is assigned X amount of customer records to view, that way each member of staff can only view the records which he/she was given to view.
• The company is using Microsoft Excel at the moment for their records, and there are 100, 0000s of records waiting to be added to the application DB. Of course adding each record individually will be a very time consuming task, therefore we need the application to have a Browse and Upload button to allow us to upload a spreadsheet all at once or maybe in chunks, for example 10,000 record at once onto the DB (the data set will be matching that of the system). This is a very important feature; however I am open to suggestions from you experts out there.
• Every records that member of staff is viewing, will need to have a dropdown menu next to it, as every time a customer is given a call, it will fall into a category. For example a staff member calls a customer and then he/she has to select which category in the drop down list this customer falls under, e.g. not interested, call back later, or sale. Etc.
• The system must log every user that loges into the system (assigned system users) Key logging details that we need to see are: Username, date, time, and IP address etc.
Note, this application will be used on an eternal office network only, and up to 40 user will be interacting with this application at once, so the developer must take into account the volume of data and user interaction without compromising the system integrity, last thing I want to see is system crashes and slowdown in performance, because the application can not handle the amount of users logged into the system or the amount of activities the system has to process.
The application must be intuitive and easy to use, and it is going to be installed on Windows OS, ability to be cross platform it would be desirable. It is also important to mention that the system must be scalable and allow for expansion as our needs for more features increase.
The wining bidder will have all the blue prints or interface wireframes to use as a guide if required. I will provide you with all the form layouts.
87 freelancers are bidding on average $650 for this job
Hi, The software will be intuitive and easy to use with all required functionality. We can show the samples of the similar works done for business people upon your request. Thanks, Al