This is a research paper that is an international comparison between the U.S., U.K. (England/Wales), and Germany. In my first section it is supposed to be a comparison among the countries and the conditions while incarcerated, length of sentences. This section should be 2000 words long. The second section of the paper is the explainations for why our incarceration rates are exceptional. There needs to be three explanations and this section should be 1500 words.
Here is the is the requirements from the teacher:
The final paper—4,500 to 5,000 words in total—will consist of the following parts:
1. A one sentence statement of the puzzle that animates your research project.
2. An annotated bibliography of between 6 and 8 sources. Each annotation should summarize the argument and evidence of the book/article/chapter/report/document in no more than 250 words. Total length of the annotated bibliography should be between 1,500 and 2,000 words.
3. A 1,500 word description of the relevant differences and/or similarities between the United States and the other country or countries you have selected for comparison.
4. Two or three figures, tables, or graphs that visually illustrate the relevant differences and/or similarities between the United States and the other county or countries.
5. A 1,000-1,500 word section that identifies and describes at least three possible theories or explanations that might account for the observed differences. Identify the explanation that you think provides the best fit with the data you have gathered, and explain why you find it the most satisfactory explanation of the observed differences (or similarities). This section should explicitly address whether the concept of American exceptionalism holds up to empirical scrutiny.
6. A 200-250 word abstract of your thesis.
I also need for you to put the citations in the paper thank you!