An instant messenger Gateway that will accept, parse, and despatch messages/requests from AIM/ICQ, MSN, Yahoo
instant messaging networks. Pass messages to a (Blackbox)component, and then will forward the output from the component (new message) to supplied users (possibly on a different network).
Previous experience or ability to research and code for AIM/ICQ (toc-Oscar), MSN and Y!, protocols is needed.
1. The server should be installable as a Service on win2K server, have a service control manager for configuration and
be written in a manner to enable me to add additional protocol
There will need to be a high level interface with several implementations for different protocols/networks.
2. Once the service is started it should log in into the IM Networks with the provided (configured) credentials and start listening for messages under those accounts.
3. The parsed message should be dispatchable with all the data contained in the original message to a handler component
which will simply (at this stage) log all the data into a database. (an implementation of the blackbox component will follow later)
4. The handler (blackbox) then should have an interface to call that will accpet the (userId, Message etc, IM Service ID) that will encode the message into the proper format for the selected protocol and send it to the specified list of users.
This needs to be a very robust multithreaded server with a capability to handle hundreds of incoming/outgoing messages a second. (Think Webserver)
Platform: WIN2K, preferably .Net (will consider Linux if
you can convince me!)
Language: C#, C, Delphi or Java
Further suggestioons and details can be discussed
through comments. Your bid should be for the scope of
the project. If requirements are met a generous bonus,
and subsequent work on the project is guaranteed for the right person/team.
Having the ready protocol handling source/libraries should make
this project much easier to implement - I'm sure people
with experience in IM will have a great start.
I am looking to establish a good working relationship to refer much of the subsequent work on this project to you.
Thank you, Ilia.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Win2k, .Net (Linux?)