I'm looking for someone to convert an antiquated HTML website for a nonprofit organization into an easy-to-use Wordpress platform. There are only a handful of pages and they are mostly text.
The current design and page organization are atrocious (no CSS, text-heavy) and need to be revised during the conversion. The site doesn't need anything fancy, just some sort of improved CSS template and page structure; use of a free template or basic template is fine. The job should require no more than a few hours.
The existing website:
[url removed, login to view]
I'm proposing using Wordpress because it's a simple Content Management System. However, the site is not a blog, and the finished site should not look like a Wordpress blog in any way -- there should be no "posted by" message, no date/timestamp, and pages should not be chronologically structured. It should be indistinguishable from a static website.
The steps I'd suggest you to follow:
1) Propose a new page structure and theme for the site. Anything simple and professional is fine; just keep something like the previous color scheme. You can use an existing open-source or free theme.
1.5) Show me the theme you have in mind.
2) Set up the new theme as a Wordpress theme.
3) Convert the existing pages to Wordpress on your local machine
3.5) Show me the site before installation
4) Install Wordpress on the 1and1 server (instructions are easy to find on the web)
5) Set up the new pages and theme on the 1and1 server
As you can see, the site is very basic: converting it to Wordpress shouldn't take more than a few hours!