1. Make minor modifications to Wordpress theme
2. Make design modifications to Simple Machines PHP forum graphics and layout
1. Wordpress theme as see here [url removed, login to view] requires the following modifications:
a. Header text created to overlay black transparent existing header – I don’t need a logo created, just a semi-transparent and modifiable .png, .jpg or .gif of the site’s title placed in the header area justified to the left side
b. Need more headroom on the header – the color blocks which select the wallpaper will need to be moved down approx 30-40 pixels to provide for the header text/site name
c. The rounded rectangle titled “Archives” in the sidebar will need to be moved down and an additional similar rounded rectangle created that will contain a link to the site’s forum as well as a description beneath the link
d. Another rounded rectangle will be added titled “Links” and will contain external links
2. Simple Machines Forum software modifications:
a. Find and modify an SMF theme (I am currently using Amber which is very close to the Wordpress Vistered theme – you can modify this or another them) to look as similar as possible to Wordpress theme
b. Remove the following from the SMF theme:
i. News section
ii. Stats section
iii. Users online section
c. Make 6 small individualized icons approximated 30px square such as a video camera, an art easel, etc. consistent in the style of the rest of the site – I will name the styles of the icons after the project is accepted.
1. Knowledge of PHP – in order to add and remove features of Wordpress and SMF you will need to make some minor changes in the PHP code
2. Knowledge of CSS – Wordpress and SMF mods will need CSS changes
3. Graphic design – modification of the SMF forum design and creation of the forum category icons will require design skills
This project is straightforward and you should able to begin working from the details provided above. I am happy to provide any clarification if needed.
The easiest way for someone to work on this project is to install Wordpress with the Vistered theme, and Simple Machines Forum software.