I am looking to find a reliable company or individual who would be capable of maintaining an existing, mature PowerBuilder application of approximately 20-25 different screens or forms.
Please note the following important points:
1) This is not an immediate requirement. Rather, I am trying to establish the feasibility of proceeding with such arrangement. It is likely that the work itself would not commence until January 2008 at the earliest, but it would be a long-term arrangement (perhaps 12-18 months).
2) I am not able to give many more details on the application itself at this time. Suffice to say it is a Powerbuilder 9 or 10 application dealing with a mixture of contact management and property data and would not be considered a particularly "complex" application.
3) What I am looking for in your replies is details as to your experience with Powerbuilder and what your daily costs might be. Experience with Delphi would be an advantage but by no means essential. Database experience (MS SQL Server, with a good knowledge of stored procedures) would be essential.
4) By "maintenance" I mean capable of correcting small errors or adding small extra amounts of functionality to the product and then sending us the new executable files and any associated database scripts. I would estimate that the work involved would be in the region of 2-4 working days per month on average, though some months there might be no work and some months there might be 10 days - it is impossible to predict.
Many thanks for your interest, and I look forward to hearing from you.
UPDATE: Sorry, I should have been clearer in my original post - there is no need to place an explicit bid at this stage, I am happy if you just send me a message outlining what you think your approximate costs might be. I would not regard this as binding.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).