Function CompareWordDocuments(file1 as string, file2 as string, numberofpages as boolean, ...all tests as
boolean) as string
- Function written in VBA
- returns a string with all differences found, each difference on a separate line. The string should
start with: '[file1] - [file2] differences found:'
- If no differences found then string is empty.
Check for differences:
1. document level
1.1 number of pages
1.2 number of characters
1.3 has same bookmarks (all bm in file1 are in file2 and visa versa)
2. page level
2.1 orientation of each page
3. bookmarks content (may contain text or images)
4. for each table,
4.1 number of rows
4.2 for each column: columnwidth
4.3 for each cell
Differences should be reported such that there is sufficient information to find the differenec in the
documents easily. E.g. in case of different cell font it should be something like:
'cell(4,5) in table2 has different font'
- The function should be delivered as a module mCompareWordDocuments inside an Excel file called
[url removed, login to view]
- 2 testfiles showing all differences are found and reported correctly.
- Buyer has Copyright of the program