Write an installer for the Windows operating systems. ? An open source, or inexpensive, compiler such as Nullsoft? Scriptable? Install System (NSIS) should be used.
When future updates are needed, additional contracts will be let to the developer.
We look forward to your bids!
Other requirements follow:
1. The user shall be given an option to execute or not execute a prerequisite 3rd party installer. If chosen the program shall start the 3rd party installer. The successful completion of the 3rd party installer should be checked.
2. Choose of of the two:
2.1 There is a need to create ONE entry in the Windows "Task Scheduler" where an included Visual Basic file is executed every 15 minutes. Account and password specifics must be taken into account. A typical Microsoft binary such as [url removed, login to view] can be included in the install package.
2.2 The installer will execute an included .BAT file. The file shall be created by my group to perform a "Task Scheduler" submission.
3. The program shall determine if a 32 or 64 bit version of the Windows operating system is targeted for the installation. In some cases 32 and 64 bit versions of an executable shall be provided by the installer package. The correct version shall be installed based on whether the O/S is 32 or 64 bit.
4. The program shall have an uninstall option.
5. All files installed, EXCLUDING files put into place by the 3rd party installer, shall be installed in the same directory.
6. The user shall be given an option to name their destination directory.
7. The user shall be given an option to create "Start Menu Shortcuts" for the uninstaller and the installer.
32 and 64 bit Windows XP, Vistat, 7, Server 2003, and Server 2008.